1. Save up to 21% on your heating & cooling bills. A buildup of 0.18 ” of dirt on heating or cooling coil can cause a decrease of efficiency of 21% (Source EPA.). Only 1” of dust built up on the inside of your ducts can reduce air flow by 30%.
2. The EPA states that indoor air quality is 20% more polluted than outdoor air. Removal of mold and bacteria eliminates odors and improves air quality. Twenty seven different viruses have been documented as being found in air ducts. It is estimated that as many as 25,000 people are diagnosed with Legionnaire’s disease each year.
3. Helps eliminate growth of mold and bacteria associated with “sick building syndrome,” improving the health of employees and tenants. According to The National Institute of Occupational Safety & Health, occupants in buildings where ducts have not been cleaned are 60% more likely to develop respiratory ailments.
4. The average six room house collects up to 40 lbs of dust per year. (Source Discovery Magazine). Nine out of ten heating & cooling failures are caused by dirt and dust (Source Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service).
5. Removal of dirt and dust will prevent the formation of unsightly stains around vent covers, enhancing the image of your establishment and increasing customer satisfaction.
6. Improving air quality reduces the discomfort felt by allergy and asthma sufferers, as well as the elderly with respiratory problems.